Yesterday night, Worpdress released 3.1.3 as a part of security update. And since it contains some important security fixes, I would recommend you to update to it immediately. Here are list of changes in 3.1.3:
- Various Security Hardening measures
- Taxonomy Query Hardening
- Prevent sniffing out user names of non-authors by using canonical redirects.
- Media security fixes
- Improves file upload security on hosts with dangerous security settings.
- Cleans up old WordPress import files if the import does not finish.
- Introduce “clickjacking” protection in modern browsers on admin and login pages.
Either download it and install manually or upgrade to it from your Dashboard.
WordPress 3.2 Beta 2 was also announced yesterday. Here is what you can expect from it:
- Google Chrome Frame is now supported in the admin to support IE 6 users.
- Admin Theme fixes for IE 7.
- Blue Color Theme updated for the new Dashboard Design.
- jQuery updated to 1.6.1. You should test any JS that uses jQuery. Read the post by Andrew Ozz.
For a list of complete changes in upcoming 3.2, you can check my previous post.