Want to save time logging into wordpress dashboard every time you need to write a new post? Windows Live Writer is arguably the best Desktop Blogging Client according to me. It saves you lot of time and also offers maximum features available to any desktop blogging client. What’s more – it even supports WordPress 2.3 Tagging System too by default. Only difference is that Tags are shown as Keywords in Windows Live Writer.
Features of Windows Live Writer 2008:
- Multiple Platform Support – Supports WordPress, WordPress.com, Blogger, LiveJournal, Windows Live Spaces, TypePad, All Blogs that support RSD(Really Simple Discoverability), MetaWeblog API, Moveable Type API, Community Server, PBlogs.gr, JournalHome
- Windows Live Writer introduces the Provider Customization API that enables both rich customization of Windows Live Writer’s behavior as well as the opportunity to add new functionality to the product. Currently Windows Live Spaces, WordPress, and TypePad have all taken advantage of this API to expose additional service-specific features within Windows Live Writer.
- Windows Live Writer is available in 34 different languages.
- New Authoring Capabilities such as inline spell checking, table editing, ability to add categories, page authoring for WordPress and TypePad, support for excerpts and extended entries, improved hyperlinking and image insertion, and a new “Paste Special” function
- Improved Integration including SharePoint 2007 support, new APIs enabling custom extensions by weblog providers, automatic synchronization of local and online edits, integration with Windows Live Gallery, and support for “Blogger Labels”
- Insert and upload Images, Maps, Tables. Supports PicasaWeb and Flickr
- WordPress specific features – Future time your posts, 2.3 Tags(Keywords in WLW), Password to posts, Post Author, Page Editing
- Inline Spell Checker
- Supports Plugins (Check Windows Live Gallery, Windows Live Writer Plugins for plugins)