Every Year on October 15, Bloggers from around the world unite to come forward for a cause and spread awareness about it by participating in Blog Action Day. This Year’s Blog Action Day is coming near and this time you can vote for the cause for which you want to spread awareness about.
Change.org the organisation behind Blog Action Day has put up a poll where you can vote for the cause you want the world’s bloggers to talk about. Here are the six suggested causes by Change.org for the Blog Action Day:
- Water – The UN recently declared water to be a human right, but millions around the world still lack even the most basic access, causing widespread disease and the possibility of military conflict over access to clean water.
- Human Trafficking – From prostitution to forced labor, more than 27 million people are modern-day slaves, making human trafficking one of the most overlooked man-made tragedies in the world.
- Women – The most discriminated against group in the world isn’t a minority: it’s women. From inequality in schooling to reduced economic opportunities, women face a disproportionate degree of adversity all over the world.
- Sustainable Food – Industrial agriculture has overtaken the world’s food supply – creating obesity in the developed world and spreading genetically modified crops and oftentimes undercutting local farmers in the developing world.
- Hunger – While many of us may take healthy, nutritious food for granted, more than 1 billion people around the world see it as an unattainable luxury.
- Oceans – Overfishing and pollution have decimated untold species of fish and other ocean life over the past few decades, and recent oil spills have shown how vulnerable aquatic life is to man-made disasters.
Apart from the above suggested topics, you can add your own topic in the poll as well. Winning Topic will be announced by early September. So act fast and raise your voice. So don’t waste time and Vote now.