According to me every blog should have its own comment policy. I don’t know whether you read it or not, but Its important to be clear as a blog owner about commenting at your own blog. So here is what is allowed and what is not and what is to comment at NSpeaks!
I moderate all first time commentors on NSpeaks. That means, comment by a new commentor won’t be shown on the site directly. You will have to wait for a day or two before it shows up under the post. Though, I try my best to approve comments as soon as possible.
I use plugins to check for comment spam which marks comments automatically as genuine or spam. You may need to wait for some time before your comment shows up. And if your comment does not show up even after a considerable amount of time, chances are that it got marked as spam. I still keep a check on spam lists from time to time to spot genuine comments which got wrongly marked. Even then if you are facing problems commenting here, contact me. I will look into the matter.
What I expect from You
I expect you to please make a note of following things before commenting:
- Please use your actual names while commenting. Using your website names as identification makes it ambiguous and diminishes the community value a commenting system adds to a blog. Imagine me referring to you as SEO Blog while answering your query. Any name which is of website and or anything except a regular name will flagged down as spam.
- You will have to verify your email addresses to get your comment approved. Its but very natural that you use a genuine email id to comment here so that I have a way of contacting you.
- Avoid using abusive or harsh language here and keep the system clean.
- Don’t use your website name as a signature to your comment. Any such comment will be edited and the URL will be removed for the first time and deleted if repeated.
- If you have nothing to contribute except a thanks or cool post type comment, please don’t comment.
- I reserve the right to edit any comment to strip out any bad links/language.
Finally, if you have managed to read the whole comment policy till here, please respect it.