Its almost 2.5 years (only 1.5 year on NSpeaks) since I have been blogging. I learned lots of things about blogging more by reading other blogs and even more when I experimented them and failed in most of them, succeeded in few of them and left the remaining.
Here I want to summarise what I have learned from my 2.5 years of blogging and still not on the top:
1. Don’t be lazy…Do what you have planned
2. Reading lots of tips and tricks can take toll
3. Blog about what you know and what you can talk and talk about
4. Don’t follow what others do
5. Set Proper realistic goals and please follow them
6. Google is not Supreme
7. But Being friends with Google can give a big boost
8. Adsense is not the only money maker
9. Adsense is the easiest money maker
10. Nofollow is crap
11. Dofollow is even crappier
12. So set one among them and stick to it and don’t change it midway like I did
13. Write and Write…
14. Be patient with Advertisers
15. Spell Checking is important
16. Advanced Grammar is crap …… half of blogging word does not care for too much grammar…okay basics of grammar are needed. I don’t runs into anything.
17. First Blog then monetise not the other way round
18. Take ample rest in between blogging..it refreshes the mind with new ideas
19. Be Polite to commentors
20. Be harsh to Spammers
21. Write and Write
22. PageRank is crap
23. Alexa is crappier but never ignore it
24. Technorati Rank is imp..but not much
25. RSS is supreme…keep working on it
26. Ad Blindness kills most blogs
27. Too much widgets kills blogs and bloggers
28. Firefox is the worst browser for a blogger….Too much tabs take toll..Try IE 6 for instance.
29. Jokes apart….while blogging close all tabs
30. Blogging editors help but WP Dashboard is supreme…no Blog Editor can replace it even now.
31. Threaded Comments are not of much help – Try Paginated Comments, Reply and Quote Links from WP Comment Remix Plugin
32. Subscribe to Comments is good
33. Commentluv is good but attracts spammers too
34. Remove both and you get 100% Pure Commentors
35. Add Commentluv, Subscribe to Comments, Top COmmentors, Recent Comments and Dofollow all links and you get only Spammers
36. Forums don’t work easily on any blog.
37. Its not easy to find advertisers
38. Its easy to find spammy advertisers
39. TLA Kills your PR and Google rankings
40. Any Link Sale does
41. Constant Theme change can take toll on the blog
42. Good Theme is must for any blog though
43. Custom Theme Design Rocks
44. Be prepared for a good money before hiring someone for custom design
45. If not above, atleast get a good logo
46. One should have 125×125, 468×60 and 120×600 banners for each of your site/blog ready for the current theme of any site…You will need either sooner or later.
47. Networking with other bloggers can be a huge bonus
48. Stumbleupon does not help you find loyal subscribers
49. Digg is useless
50. Stick to one niche…Diversifying cannot be easy and feasible on most blogs
51. Working on too many blogs is disastrous unless you can manage or find few guest bloggers or paid writers for those blogs.(I have 5)
52. Those with single blog rocks because of their full attention and dedication towards it.
53. Its a good time to sell blogs (I am looking to sell some)
54. Bad time to buy?
55. And do read NSpeaks.com Feeds if you like.
If you have more points to suggest, pls add them via comments….I will also add few more points as I refresh my memory.